Today Edward was to be back home early, so I prepared a wholesome lunch for us all to share...
First some good bread. I used the high grade white four, as the wholemeal stuff doesn't have enough gluten in here.
Then I add good stuff to it, some bran, and some linseeds....
A splash of oil...
Water and yeast and a little salt make this wonderful goo...
And after 10 mins of kneading the goo turns into this perfect ball.
Now what to go with the bread?
Some soup.
I used one of our pumpkins we grew in the garden. We stored them in the garage over winter, and only about 2 have gone moldy.
The one thing I can't stand about pumpkins is their shell. So today I just thought I'd bring in the axe, and problem solved!!
i roasted the pumpkin in a hot oven with garlic sliced on top, and oil, and salt and pepper, then when it was nice and golden I added it to a pan of sweated onions, and garlic, and water and whizzed the whole thing up.
Here's the bread before it went into the oven.
I like to make pretty buns!!
I didn't get any pictures of the cooked product because we were all so hungry and we just ate it!!
Thanks for visiting!








No comments:
Post a Comment