Growing nicely....

So here is how Edward's sweater is coming along.

So here is how Edward's sweater is coming along.
The scale of it is quite difficult to picture, but I think its down to his belly button now.
Sadly I have only the smallest amount of yarn left, so back to spinning some more super soft merino.
I've missed the spinning! I love to spin when either Edward or one of the children are playing the piano. I keep the wheel next to the piano - its quite safe there, and I love company and music to spin to.
Considering the yarn came out quite chunky, it looks quite delicate when knitted up this size!


The sweater looks fantastic! Recently, I watched a group of local spinners partake in the Back to Back challenge to raise funds for Macmillan cancer trust. From sheep's back to man's back in a day. The sheep was handshorn in the morning and the group of seven women set to work spinning the wool as it came off the sheep, in the grease, plying and knitting. Within half an hour of the sheep being shorn, they had spun and plied enough yarn to start on the knitting. The jumper they finished knitting and finishing off looked incredible. They finished by 6pm that same day. Wonderful! How lovely to spin by the piano!
ReplyDeleteWow! That's an amazing feat! Sadly my knitting is a bit slow - especially as I knit most in the evening while tired. But some day I hope to be a super fast knitter! Thanks Kelly x
ReplyDelete