Leaves and Blossoms

Leaves and Blossoms

Monday, March 12, 2012

Chia

A few years ago we made a fairy garden in a big flat pot using chia seeds, and shells, and marbles and things. We really loved that activity.
The chia grew and grew into a forest eventually, and it flowered so beautifully.
The seeds from that flowering are still out there. This year we had chia in the drive and all over the place. I like that.

I also remember how the chia seeds felt when we added the water to germinate them - a bit like tiny frog spawn. A lovely sensation, and the children really enjoyed that bit too.



Here are some seeds I'm sprouting in the kitchen. I made that bowl, and I really like it mmm. At first I was really cross that the glaze didn't come out of the kiln perfectly in places. But now I really like those parts.
I must try to do some more potting.

Anyhow, the reason I'm trying to sprout them is that I decided they'd be more nutritious that way. I know they are super seeds and all that, but aren't most seeds more nutritious after a few days of sprouting?

Does it apply to chia?

I don't know. I just wanted to see if these ones that have been in the cupboard for ages would still sprout. Some seem to be splitting a bit.


Having a break from La Valse d'Amelie, which is driving me nuts at the moment. I have run the metronome down three times now trying to get the timing right on one section. Rather frustrating.


1 comment: